- Down Payment
- Closing cost
- Insurance & Taxes
2. Improve credit score
- Stay current on bills
- No major purchases
- Don’t cancel any credit cards
- Higher credit score = Lower interest rate
3. Calculate what you can afford
Ask assistance from a bond originator – they can give you a clear idea what you can afford. Alternatively visit Property 24.
4. Get pre-approved.
5. Decide what you want in a home
Set up a checklist that suit your needs.
6. Choose the right realtor for you
7. Visit homes with your realtor
- Take enough images and make notes
- Ask the necessary questions
8. Narrow choices
- Check out the neighborhood and it’s surroundings
- Consider resale value
- If used as investment, make sure it’s the right area and what the possible rental income can generate you.
9. Make an offer
- Make sure that you read and understand the contract clearly.
10. Schedule home inspection
11. Make final walk-through
- Test light switches, sockets
- Check windows and doors
- Check drains and toilets.
- If unsure regarding something ask the agent.
12. Close and move in 🙂